Communicate with your Rep: Morgan Craig-Williams: Lobbying Assignment 4

Dear Senator Anthony Williams,     

My name is Morgan Craig-Williams, and I am a senior at Science Leadership Academy. I live in Southwest Philadelphia and from what I believe you represent me.  This message is in regard to the trash that clutters the street within your jurisdiction. I am concerned about what our streets may look like in 3 years from now if we don’t take care of the problem. I feel like a lot of people have overviewed this situation before yet none have really addressed it, which is why I wanted to let you know there are teenagers who really want to help make a difference.     I would like a cleaner Philadelphia and want the trash clean up just as rigorous in the urban areas as they are in the city. We have the resources to make that happen even if there are a couple of community service projects put in place to clean up one street at a time.    I am willing to put together a group within my school’s community but I can’t do it all by myself. I believe with help from you and getting the right resources to advertise, this can become a wonderful thing. Lots of time you see kid sin jail suits cleaning up parks, community service for punishment. I want teenagers and adults even children to be able to walk along their streets a not have to be worried about stepping on a dirty needles or junk food trash.     Please consider what I am trying to start in my community; I would be very thankful if you took time out of your busy schedule to review all options.

Sincerely,

Morgan Craig-Williams

To further my lobbying for a cleaner Philadelphia, I was thinking about talking to someone from Build-On. Maybe teaming up with an already established community service project and making an event through them would be better than starting form scratch.