Conversation #2

Who did you speak with and why?
I spoke with a 25 year old man named Carlos Gonzales. I spoke with him because he invited me to chat on Sharedtalk.

What did you learn about the person? What did you learn from the person?
I learned that he is from Santiago, Chile. From him, I learned that there is also a lot of crime and violence in Santiago, though tourists usually find it peaceful.

How did the interaction help you with your personal goals?
I want to learn about the daily life in other countries, mainly because when I picture other countries, I think of them as being way different from the US, but this is not the case. So, in talking with Carlos, I proved, even more, that other countries are very like the US and there is just as much violence, though we may think not. 

What did you do well to achieve your personal goals? What do you need to improve on to achieve your personal goals?
I did well with finding a person who had a lot of information. I chatted with a few other people, but Carlos had provided me with the most information about his country and the life there. I think I could've done better by finding more than one source; maybe getting more than one perspective.