Conversation 5

First Week:

Partners Name:

City y Country:

Who you spoke with and why you chose that partner. What did you learn about them? What did you learn from them?

I spoke too two different guys they both messaged me. I learned more about music, I had really wanted to learn more about the music of different cultures and I was finally able to learn this from Nicholas who told me about Folk Music in Argentina. I also talked to Sonador and he was telling me about what he was doing, cooking, and we ended up talking about food and what our favorite food was and such which was cool and chill. I learned from him how to say pasta in spanish which is my favorite food and I never knew how to say it. 

How did this interaction help you move towards achieving your personal goals?

These conversations helped me in two different ways, the first was my general goal of speaking just in a normal confortable conversation. This was accomplished in the conversation about food, I was not nervous or thinking to much about what to say I just had to look up words of certain food in spanish, but other then that it was a good conversation. My goal for the conversations over all was about music. I wanted to know what type of music people listened too but also the cultural music from their country. Nicholas talked about folk music in Argentina which I had never heard about before, so I got both of my goals done in these conversations.

What specifically did you do well according to your goals/expectations? What specifically to you need to improve on? 

I think I was talking more and talking about myself, which I had discovered I needed to do, more then just asking questions to move the conversation along. I think these were my best conversations I was more comfortable talking to them in spanish.