Copper Print/Matt

FullSizeRender (12)
FullSizeRender (12)
My element was copper, it has an atomic number of 29. Copper is a really old element and has been around since the beginning of times. It was thought to be used in the middle east sometime around 9000 B.C. Now days copper is used to make electrical equipment. Copper is a good conductor of electricity and heat, therefore copper is mainly used to make wires.Back then copper was also used to make pennies before it was replaced with zinc. Since I knew cooper was really old I wanted something to represent that. I knew that a timeline is used to represent time and the words B.C (before christ) and A.D (anno Domini) means era’s that are really old and new. So, I decided to make a timeline with the words B.C and A.D on the ends and the symbol of copper in the center to represent how old Copper is. When it actually came to making my print, it was fairly simple. First I sketched out my drawing, then I transferred it to tracing paper. After, I transfered it to the actual stamp board and outlined my sketch, then we put the ink over and transferred it to paper and set it to dry. After, we placed our print on a matt. If I could do this print a second time, something I would do differently would be adding more detail to my actual drawing. I feel like my drawing was fairly simple and I would want to elaborate more on it. In conclusion, the part I enjoyed most about this was inking my print, when we rolled the ink on it and then transferred it to another page. I liked putting color to my sketch and making it come to life.