Courtney Smashes 3-Run Triple; Rocket Holds Bodine to 2 Hits, Win 15-1 in Rain

"Calm Before the Storm" by Rough Cut Photographers Crystal Taylor & Ari Haven

For the 3rd consecutive game, Rocket pitchers were downright stingy allowing opponents no more than 2 hits in a game. Lukas Supovitz- Aznar started it off by striking out the side on 10 pitches. He'd eventually strike out 7 in 3 innings of work and only allowed 1 run on 2 singles. Ben Simon, who gets his first start of the year on Wed vs Bracetti, came in for an inning to get loose and struck out the side. Tony Brown made his relief debut in the 5th and literally blew past Bodine hitters with 9 straight strikes, recording two strike outs and forcing a weak tapper back to the mound to end a very soggy afternoon.

Kevin Courtney led the team with 5RBIs, going 3-4 for the 3rd straight game, upping his league-leading total to 13RBIs on the young season with a bases-loaded triple in the 4th to knock Bodine's starter from the game. Lukas Supovitz-Aznar had 3RBIs and Tony Brown, Leon Finney and Aaron Watson-Sharer all had 2RBIs each. Avi Cantor and Alex Torres both laid down perfect bunts for singles and both came around to score in an 8-run third inning. Cleanup hitter- Ijustice Avery- drew three walks, as did Jason Greene and Kristian Ramos in their lone at bats, plus Freshman Kenny Carroll hit a run-scoring pinch hit double to ice the game. 

Next Up: The Rocket is home out in Mt. Airy against Mariana Bracetti Charter on Wed, 4/6. First Pitch 315pm. Come support.