Creative Project about Macbeth

SAM_2493
SAM_2493
​This is my creative project to accompany the Macbeth analytical essay. My project is crayon art about the downfall of Macbeth and how greed, his power hungry mind and his ruthlessness influenced his downfall. While I was crafting this project, I really wanted to portray what made him insane and what made him fall into a downward spiral. I chose to use crayons and melt them for each act. I bought a canvas and split it into 5 different sections, one for each act. Then I counted how many kills he made for each act, how much his greed influenced him in that act and how much power he had and used. The red was for the kills/ruthlessness, the green was for the greed and the purple was for the power. Then I glued the crayons down with hot glue. 
SAM_2496
SAM_2496
​But before I melted the crayons, I wrote the quotes I used in the essay on the lines separating the acts from each other. I also wrote what act was what on the bottom. Then I got to the fun part, the melting of the crayons. I used a hair dryer on high and pointed it downwards to make the crayons run down the canvas. I am most proud of the way the colors blended together and how much that corresponded with the story without me trying to. Something that I wish that I could have done is take a video of it while I was melting the crayons so the viewers could see how the colors blended. Other than that minor flaw, I am really proud of my work. I learned from my peers that even with other types of medium, people can have the same type of story. I learned about myself while working on this project because I learned that if I keep reminding myself to get it done earlier, I could get the work done and not procrastinate. And thanks to Lauren Thomas for taking these lovely pictures fo my project.
SAM_2495
SAM_2495