CSheridan; PCB Poisoning

Cyndi Lynn Sheridan
March 26, 2012
Y - US History

Reflection:

What went well?

In our project, the communication between all the group members was excellent, and we were able to divide the work load up evenly for each person to complete their necessary requirements. Also, we had a lot of factual information for the audience to be able to fully understand the natural disaster in Anniston, Alabama.

What did not?

We could have used less text and add more graphs to the presentation to represent the amount of residents that died due to this poisoning.

What would you do differently next time?

One thing that I would do differently would be to make sure the text is more concise and the information is easier to read.

Be Concise: Being concise was one thing that our project lacked because the text could have been minimized yet portray the same meaning.

Be Visual
: Our info graphic had great representations of the PCB Poisoning disaster and some of the effects it had on the residents and wildlife of that region.

Be Smarter: In our project we had a graphic to represent the amount of money Monsanto Company spent on repaying the residents and cleaning up the spill.

Be Transparent: In the info-graphic, we showed the effects the spill had caused on the residents and wildlife on the area through images.

Be Different: We were different because we used a variety of colors and pictures to help viewers understand the true actual events of the disaster.

Be Accurate: Each group member completed detailed research to put into our project. Some people researched factual information while others did opinionated research.

Be Attractive: I feel as though our project was very visual to the eye.

Be Creative: I think our project involved many creative components in order for our audience to have a fun time learning about a crucial event.