Danny Wirt: Benchmark Reflection

click here to see the video 

• How did you group go about making a decision for what to focus on for the project?
    The group talked about our strengths and we then decided who should do what in the benchmark. We came to a conclusion without a problem. Then we all talked about what we think is the most effective way to get people to come out and vote, and we all came to an agreement that making voting mandatory would be the best possible option. 
  • 11th grade Essential ? - What is the role of the individual in creating and sustaining change? 
    The role of an individual in creating a sustaining change is by making themselves heard and enforcing something to change something. 
  • How has your understanding of the electoral process and whether or not the US is a democracy evolved during this unit?
    My understanding about the electoral process has allowed me to see that the US is losing it's right to really be called a democracy. By taking away the ability for people to vote you are keeping out important votes that could make the vote as best it can be. If there are voices unheard, then they can't make a difference. Having voting day on a day in which some people can't make it too and restricting it to one day makes it nearly impossible for some to vote. It is against the rights of a US citizen if you ask me. 
  • How did you decide to best relay a message to a national audience with your marketing campaign?
    Well, my job was to make a video and advertise mandatory voting. I went about my process by thinking about what people like to see. I made a flashy and cool intro that would grab the attention of anybody watching. Then i showed a graphic that showed how unemployment has changed over the last decade or so. My goal was to have the viewer see that we have gone down the wrong road and the only way to change that is by voting and making a change, and having those unheard voices heard.