Daouda Njie Capstone- Environmental Awareness

For the past 4 years that I have been at SLA and since its establishment not once have we ever considered recycling originally my capstone was to bring recycling to SLA but due to circumstances this goal of mine could not be accomplished. Reorienting myself towards a new goal I realized that the most important task is to inform others of their duty to recognize where they throw their trash, and to be mindful of their ecological footprint. I found this especially important during this time where our most important figures in government do not believe in climate change. With this in mind I set out to organize a three day event in which I would meet with the students of the environmental ourse and inform them different techniques to help conserve energy and ensure all trash they use can be reused further, and not tossed into a landfill. Furthermore during this time we constructed informational brochures which were to be passed out during the march for science on Earth Day, and collecting recycling on the campus of SLA. These activities were both designed to make people recognize see one just how one small school can greatly contribute to the tons of carbon emissions and other harmful chemicals given off during the bringing of trash. But also to again get them to change their lifestyles to please the Earth. During this entire process I greatly improved on organizing larger events. I also strengthened my ability to collaborate with classrooms to create pieces of valuable information available to the public, and present multiple presentations to others. With my project I also felt the most active I have ever been among the local community when taking part in the March for Science and talking to others about taking care of the Earth. Link to biblio: https://docs.google.com/a/scienceleadership.org/document/d/1Yc52XIKeBgsXH_gxPNxC1sW1MAsAaYVrBfD9-WxfNA8/edit?usp=sharing Link to overall process and images: https://docs.google.com/a/scienceleadership.org/document/d/1ZY65zD6VQzaPyCvIpxuJFv_GUcKq0mJUnE3f3M8GmjQ/edit?usp=sharing

For the past 4 years that I have been at SLA and since its establishment not once have we ever considered recycling originally my capstone was to bring recycling to SLA but due to circumstances this goal of mine could not be accomplished. Reorienting myself towards a new goal I realized that the most important task is to inform others of their duty to recognize where they throw their trash, and to be mindful of their ecological footprint. I found this especially important during this time where our most important figures in government do not believe in climate change. 
         With this in mind I set out to organize a three day event in which I would meet with the students of the environmental ourse and inform them different techniques to help conserve energy and ensure all trash they use can be reused further, and not tossed into a landfill. Furthermore during this time we constructed informational brochures which were to be passed out during the march for science on Earth Day, and collecting recycling on the campus of SLA. These activities were both designed to make people recognize see one just how one small school can greatly contribute to the tons of carbon emissions and other harmful chemicals given off during the bringing of trash. But also to again get them to change their lifestyles to please the Earth. 
         During this entire process I greatly improved on organizing larger events. I also strengthened my ability to collaborate with classrooms to create pieces of valuable information available to the public, and present multiple presentations to others. With my project I also felt the most active I have ever been among the local community when taking part in the March for Science and talking to others about taking care of the Earth. 

Link to biblio:

Link to overall process and images: