Deja Vu- Rocket Wins by 15; Beats Up Lamberton 17-2

The Rocket got off to another hot start notching 11 runs in the first inning and cruising the rest of the way to a 17-2 victory over rival Lamberton. Nick Manton, who keeps getting sick run support, had another strong outing holding them to just 1 hit and claimed his third win of the season. 

Team Captain Jeff Schwartz went 4-4 alternating between doubles and Home Runs, the 2nd a Grand Slam- and finished the day with 8 RBIs. Freshman Mike Ostrowski continues to terrorize Left Fielders with scorching shots down the line and in the gap, both turning into triples. Abe Musselman also hit a Home Run in the gap and Kevin Courtney ripped 2 doubles, going 3-4 with 3 Runs scored.

Ethan Reese also continued his hot hitting, belting his team-leading 12th hit of the season and scoring 3Runs. Nick did it on both sides of the ball again by whacking 2 doubles and driving in 2, while Stephen Eager-White consistently turned the lineup back over with a 2-3 day including a 2-RBI double in the first. Seemingly terrified to leave it over the plate for SLA's big man to swat it out of the park, Lamberton's pitcher ended up plunking Raekwon Smith twice. He scored both times, and Mike Sanders was lightening on the base paths as a courtesy runner for the Catcher. Jordan McLaughlin and Antonio Reveron, both called up from J.V. for their hot bats and solid defense, instilled confidence and allowed Nick to challenge batters in his 2nd start of the season. The domination of a normally formidable opponent helped The Rocket (3-1) keep pace with red-hot Randolph (5-0) and University City (4-0). 

Heavy rains washed out Sankofa's field in Frankford, so Friday's game will take place on Fri, 4/26. SLA starts a 3-game homestand vs. Dobbins (Tues, 4/16) and W. Philly (Thurs, 4/18). The Rocket is undefeated at Mt. Airy Park where they have outscored their opponents 33-3. 

The J.V. Squad will look to get even on the season with more stellar plays in the field like a fully extended diving snare at Short by Jordan McLaughlin. He has also been swinging the bat and delivering solidly from the mound. J.V. hits the road vs. Tacony Academy (Tues, 4/16) and will then look to push back into the black against Maritime Academy (Thurs, 4/18).