Descriptive essay

Through life i've had to try new things and confronting things on my own. I've always had to deal with big issues on my own.

It all started when I was really young my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer one of the toughest times in my life it all started when my dad walked into my room on a bright sunny morning, I was just getting ready for school when all of a sudden he comes in his face had a glum lookI knew from the start that something was wrong and it was serious. The next thing that happend changed alot of things in my life “ remember when your mom said she was feeling a little bump on her breast, well that little bump is a thing you call cancer and its not a good thing but mommy will get all better don't worry. How am I not supposed to worry my mom has a serious disease that could potentially kill her. I knew that I had to be positive and support my mom through this tough stage in her life

through the weeks I had to make sure not to show the emotions I was feeling in front of my mom because I didn't want her to worry. She was already going through enough so I made sure to do as much as possible to help around the house. I would clean the bucket whenever she  would throw up.

That help me become a better person and be more independent. When I walked home alone in the 5th grade it made me feel independent and I never knew I was able to do such a thing on my own. It happened on a sunny day in the spring it was still a little brisk outside but just a sweeter would keep me warm. School was just let out and I was waiting for my mom she wasn't outside waiting for me so I thought to myself she must be stuck in traffic than a half an hour passed and she still wasn't there so I called her. She said why are you not at home shouldn't you be on the school bus by now. I said you were supposed to pick me up today because I have practice, I forgot estefan ill be there in a lil go to rosita's house but instead of hearing that I thought she said walk to our house. So I started walking but it was getting a lil late and I kept thinking to myself did she really tell me to walk home. when I  got home I was surprised I walked in at around 6:30 pm everything seemed to be fine except my mom was not home. all of a sudden i hear knocking on the front door the people that were knocking seemed to mean business and were serious. when I opened the door I was shocked the police said “ we are looking for estefan is he here?” they told me that my mom called saying that I was missing. when my mom got home I felt scared I knew from the stern look on her face. “why were you stupid enough to walk home I thought you were kidnapped and i told you that you I was going to pick you up.” I regretted walking home I scared my mom and she thought she lost her only child. i learned a lot of things from that day. Some ill take and some ill leave behind.

Those incidents in my life have made me a stronger person and Ive learned alot from them. without those things happening in my life i wouldn't be there person I am right now. When my mom had breast cancer I learned to be independent and do things on my own because of that I had the courage to walk home 40 blocks which wasn't the best idea but a good way to show that I did become independent.