Do Women Have Any Rights?- Blog 1

Women have been fighting for their rights for hundreds of years now. No matter what race, education status, religious views, etc. Whether it was the right to vote or have a decent job' but have we taken it to far now? Now the government is talking about shutting down Planned Parenthood. A health center/clinic for women. They help women stay sexually healthy and aware, whether it be by taking a pregnancy test, std test, or even options on how to care for your growing baby. The government is in debt and is thinking about shutting this program down. A program that gives out help and information; and even saves lives. I've discovered that it is the Republicans who want this to happen. That they believe it's services are not that important. I wonder how a bunch of men can decide what's best for millions of women? Next I will see the facts about Planned Parenthood, see exactly how much work they actually do for communities around America. It just makes no since that a program like this should be completely shut down.

Bibliography:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/07/government-shutdown-planned-parenthood_n_846463.html