Duke Henderson Capstone

My capstone project is a 7 track album fitting into the crust punk genre. Half of the songs on my album are covers, while the other half are original instrumental tracks that I wrote myself. Along with writing my own original songs, I designed and made my album cover. I chose to make a short album for many reasons. My main reason for taking on this project is because while I have played guitar for over 9 years I have never recorded and released my own music. When I was faced with this project and the ability to do whatever I wanted, it seemed like a perfect motivation for me to finally start to record my album. Throughout my capstone I have worked with three different people to reach my end goal. First is my mentor, Foster. He played the drums for most of my songs, as well as teaching me how to use Studio one. Studio one is an audio editing software that was vital in completing my project. I also worked with my girlfriend Charlotte. Similar to Foster she played bass for many of my songs. Lastly I worked with another friend of mine, Val. When Foster was not available to record Val stepped up and helped by drumming for three of my songs. The process of making my capstone has been difficult at times but I am more than happy with the result and I hope others are too.

A look at tomorrow (2)
intro - 01 Start
3_4 dead - 01 Start
sick - 01 Start
conquest 1 - 01 Start
Warning - 01 Start
conquest (demo) - 01 Start
annotated-Loss.JPG