ELECTION DAY!!!

Lady #1:

1.     What motivated you to come out and vote?

My daughter. Just setting out a good example, for her, and her generation. I also came out because it seems as if its my right as a U.S. citizen to do so.

2.     what would you like to see changed in our political system?

I would like to see them find a valuable candidate to run against Mayor Nutter. I want to have choices of people that would be willing to run this city in a demanding, organized, sufficient way. I want someone to take control and recognize the poor, struggling areas of Philadelphia.

3.     Do you vote in every Election?

Yes I do, even though sometimes I’m not sure who I’m voting for.

4.     What changes do you hope to see in Philadelphia as a result of this election?

As a result of this election I hope that more funding comes into Philadelphia, to create systems that would help create more jobs. After this election, I hope to see new businesses created, that would also help promote new jobs.

5.     Are you always sure of who you are going to be voting for when you walk into the booth or are you still deliberating?

If it’s a major election, I know exactly who I’m voting for, but for general elections I am sometimes undecided. Mostly, because I am unfamiliar with the people running, such as councilman.

Lady #2:

I just wanted to make sure my voice was heard, because one vote can change everything. Every vote counts.

I want to see actual people of the United States to have a say, in political decisions. Also, I want to see people having a true representation of politics in political parties.

3.      What changes do you hope to see in Philadelphia as a result of this election?

Well as of now, economy is a huge issue, especially in Philadelphia. In this city there are so many people that are unemployed, which is a problem. So what I want to see happen is for Philadelphia to get more jobs for people.

4.     Where have you encountered the highest amount of ad campaigning? Radio, T.V. print, internet other.

Television, definitely television. T.V. is one of the main assets to persuading a person to vote, due to campaigning commercials, and ads. They are always visible on the screen.

5.     Do you vote every election?

I try to, but sometimes small elections I don’t take much importance to, but big elections, I am always there, guaranteed.

Lady #3

I vote because it is my right, and a privilege to do so, as an African American woman of the U.S. Back in the 60’s people have sacrificed so much so that we can vote, and I refuse to let all that hard work go to waste. By voting I feel like I am paying back my respects to the people back in the day, that couldn’t.

2.     What would you like to see changed in our political system?

Well, in the begging, before elections even start, I hate the fact that candidates think it would give them more power to explicitly say negative comments about the people running against them. I think that’s fake, and rude. So I think what should change is the way candidates persuade people to vote for them.

3.     Do you vote every election?

Yes I do. I do it because 1. I work here. And two I think that every person should be involved in political affairs. We are the people, and it’s the only opportunity we’ve got to say what we want, how we want things to run, its all up to us, for once we have the power.

T.V., CNN, the news.

Most of the time I am, and if I’m not, once I get to the booth I have a pretty good idea of who I’m rutting for

Man #4:

I feel like its my duty to do so, and my privilege because back when I was a kid, African Americans weren’t given the equal rights to vote, and so to honor my ancestors, and my history, I vote. 

I would like an end to the mud slinging. Which is when candidates say bad, hurtful things to one another, in order to get elected. I just think that brings a whole bunch ciaos for nothing.

3.     Do you vote every election?

Yes I do, I never miss an election.

4.     What was the most memorable campaign ad that you have encountered?

I thought the most memorable campaign ad was during the presidential election of Obama. Seeing an African American on a screen, running as a candidate to be president I thought was a miracle. Personally, I didn’t even know African Americans were even allowed to run for president to tell you the truth. I just never thought it could happen.

5.     What impact do you feel your vote will have on the election? Did you learn about voting in school? If yes. Did that impact your willingness to vote today.

I vote mostly because of self-motivation, but I also vote to make a change for future generations to come. I vote because it is the only way my voice can be heard, and its only through a push of a button. No I did not learn how to vote when I was in school. 

IMG_20111108_073253
IMG_20111108_073253
IMG_20111108_074056
IMG_20111108_074056
IMG_20111108_074157
IMG_20111108_074157