I interviewed a young man from my neighborhood.
1. What motivated you to come out and vote?
“It just seems like the right thing to do. If I’m able to why not?”
2. What would you like to see changed in our political system?
“I’m not fully aware of all the issues but I just want to see someone who is real you know, someone who will keep their promises.”
3. Do you vote in every election? (How regularly do you vote?)
“I’m sort of a new voter, the first time I voted was in the Obama election. This is only my second time.”
4. Do you know why we vote on Tuesday?
“No, I’m sure I learned it in school before, but I can’t remember.”
5. Where have you encountered the highest amount of ad campaigning? Radio, TV, print, internet, other.
“Probably the stuff they leave on the doorstep. They call my house
6. What was the most memorable campaign ad that you have encountered?
“I don’t even remember. I didn't pay attention to them that much.”
7. Are you always sure of who you are going to vote for when you walk into the booth or are you still deliberating?
“Well since this only my second time I’m not really sure how to answer that. I was sure I was voting for Obama my first time but this time I wasn’t really sure. I kinda just chose who my dad was always talking about. He knows more about this stuff than me, so I just use him.”