Election Day Assignment

Interview with Joann
  1. What motivated you to come out and vote? I grew up learning that voting was the patriotic thing to do. If you didn't vote you weren't an American.

2. What would you like to see changed in our political system?I would like to see some one help get our kids back on track because they need to be more involved in the world.

3. Do you vote in every election? (How regularly do you vote?) I always vote.

4. Do you know why we vote on Tuesday? No.

5. Where have you encountered the highest amount of ad campaigning? Radio, TV, print, internet, other. On the streets.
  6. What was the most memorable campaign ad that you have encountered?I remember the one a few years ago where Florida couldn't make up their minds and vote.

7. Are you always sure of who you are going to vote for when you walk into the booth or are you still deliberating? I'm sure.
  8. What changes do you hope to see in Philadelphia as a result of this election? Nothing will change the Democrats will still have the city. 
  9. What impact do you feel that your vote will have on the election? I don't. I just vote because if I don't I can't complain.

10. Did you learn about voting in school? If yes, did that impact your willingness to vote today?No, but every one should. My parents taught me about it.

*I wasn't allowed to take a photo inside the polling place so I took one outside.