Election Day Interview

Interview with a young man.

1. What motivated you to come out and vote?

"Well I'm unemployed and one of the candidates said something about opening up more jobs to hire those unemployed. "

2. What would you like to see changed in our political system?

"I would like to see political leaders to be honest and actually do what they said they are going to do. "

3. Do you vote every election?

"No this is my second time voting. The first time I voted, it was for Obama."

4. Do you know why we vote on Tuesday?

"No, that never crossed my mind."

5. Where have you encountered the highest amount of ad campaigning? Radio, TV, print, internet, other.

"I would have to say television."

6. What was the most memorable campaign ad that you have encountered?

"I forgot who it was, but one of the candidates  were trying to export jobs over to China and I was thinking, why would you do that. We need jobs over here."

7. Are you always sure of who you are going to vote for when you walk into the booth or are you still deliberating?

"Well with the presidential election, I knew I was voting for Obama, during this election I'm pretty sure of who I voted for."

8. What changes do you hope to see in Philadelphia as a result of this election?

"Well the change Im hoping for is more employment and less crime, that's my highest concern."

9. What impact do you feel that your vote will have on the election?

"Not that much. I mean I'm only one person. It might make a difference, it might not."

10. Did you learn about voting in school? If yes, did that impact your willingness to vote today?"

"Not really. I learned about voting really from my church."