Election Project - Shelby Harcher and Jason Davis

For this project, Jason and I had to contact a person or class in Palestine and get them to give us firsthand information on how their voting system works. When first given this project, it was difficult to find a way to not only contact someone in Palestine but to get them to do a project for you. Jason and I took a long time researching schools in Palestine and researching the region itself. Once we found a few high schools in Palestine, we emailed them explaining the project that was assigned to us and told them to contact us if they were interested in being apart of it. We never heard back from the schools we tried to contact, and we didn't know what else to do. We thought about finding a way to get in touch with someone from Palestine on Twitter, but it ended up being harder than we thought. We asked around school to see if anyone had any connections to someone in Palestine who would be able to help us, but that didn't work either. 

If we were to do this project again, we would post information about the project on more social networking sites besides Twitter and contacting schools directly through email. This way the information is out there and not only can people from Palestine see it, but also other people who might be able to help us get in contact with someone from Palestine. Another hard thing was the election didn't have a set date, even when it was close to May, the month when the election was to take place. Jason and I could have took more initiative with our emails as well and dug deeper into research to find more than 3 schools to email about the project. 
Screen Shot 2012-05-30 at 9.16.28 AM
Screen Shot 2012-05-30 at 9.16.28 AM