Element print

For this project, an element was given to me, to which I had to create a print. This element is Caesium (atomic number 55). Caesium is a factory element, usually used as a drilling fluid. It also has uses in electonics, electricity and chemistry. The idea for my print comes from its name, meaning "heavenly blue". My print portrays a heavenly-looking angel blowing on a factory, as if giving it life an room to spread like a dandelion, since Caesium is used most commonly in factories. To make this print, I was given a stamp. After making my design on tracing paper, I flipped it over and traced it onto the stamp so the words and images would not be backwards. I rolled a well-distributed amount of printing ink onto the stamp and transferred it to paper. After the print dried, I tore the edges to create a deckled edge. Following that was the matting process on construction paper. If I were to do this print again, I would not procrastinate as much as I did and instead would do more test prints to get a solid print. The initial design was the most fun part of the process. I let my imagination run amok in this project and let my creative mind take the wheel. I think mt final design was very lovely.