The project really reflected five of Science Leadership’s core values. Inquiry was used, because we needed to ask questions. Without asking, we wouldn’t know any information about our element, and therefore, we wouldn’t know what to put on our print. The information and images we used were condensed into a single or few things that represented the element. The next core value that was used is research. We needed to research a lot about our element before creating a print. You can’t do a project on something if you know nothing about it. Collaboration was used when we talked to eachother about what we can use to represent our element. I found myself asking people what they were doing, and how they were going to pull it off. I also found other people asking me about my project. Presentation will be used through this blog post, along with showing Ms. Hull our creations. The prints we created will be displayed, and people can scroll through the abundance of blog posts to see how everyone decided to represent their element. After working hard for weeks doing sketches, cutting the linoleum, and finally printing, we’re going to be using reflection on the Science Leadership Academy blog for art class. Through this blog post, everyone can see our beautiful work! It’s also a chance to talk about the experience that we had.
Overall, I really enjoyed the project, and I think it was so much fun. In the beginning, I was sort of bored because all we were doing was sketches, but after we started actually cutting the linoleum, it was really entertaining. It was also a whole lot of fun playing with colors on the prints. I learned a lot about how to put the colors in stripes, and to make good multicolor prints with three colors.