Elena Smith- Remix Design Slide

Tech slide (1)
In my original slide, I had too many things going on at once. On my design slide there were paragraphs that did not line up correctly, two different definitions of l'esprit de l'escalier and a picture of a ladder instead of a staircase, because I though it would make more sense. There were fonts of different sizes, the picture was blurry and was a tangent, and overall it was hard to digest all of the information on my slide, especially if someone were to drive past it 60 miles an hour on the highway. 
When designing my new slide, the first thing I did was get rid of the ladder in my picture and replace it with stairs. I decided to make the background black and the font and picture white to make it appear more simplistic and less crazed. With two colors, it created more of a contrast and was more appealing to the human eye. I wanted to make the font wrap around the circle, but instead opted to put the font on the sides of the slide, and in the end it created something that is sort of similar to a flag.
In my design research, the thing I mainly used was contrast, putting the white on a black background to make it pop. If I inverted the colors, then there would be a lot more negative space and it would look less official. The website I used for the contrast was the one that talked about the IKEA cups and how effective simple billboards would be.