Emma Hersh Globalization Q3 Benchmark

Collapsibility of Mali and the UK

​Here is the link to my text, sources and compare and contrast on these two nations 

Reflection: 

Mali and the UK are two very different countries on every level, one is a third world country with a very underdeveloped economy while the UK is a first world country with a very stable and developed economy. This project began when our class started the Global Goods and Local Costs projects, researching and analyzing different countries in a certain part of the world. I researched the UK, so my process of looking at the UK through the lens of the 5-point-framework began there. Then our class looked at different countries to see how their election worked, my group was in charge of researching Mali, so the second part of my research began there. Once I started finding information about each of these countries, the news links and data from each of these kept flowing as more and more links popped up. From there I was able to analyze each of these countries through the lens of the 5-point-framework which looked at the way different countries handles climate change, friendly trade partners, hostile neighbors, environmental damage and how the society reacts to environmental damage. Then I organized my information in an order that was simple and easy to understand, printed it out and made it into a mobile so that each part of the 5-point-framework could be visually connected. If I could change something about my project, I would find a way to digitally represent my information in a similar way to a mobile, like I did on paper, but instead make it more accessible to the internet.