Emulation Handbook- Mark Twain- by Jacobo Pastor

Emulate your Author- Jacobo Pastor (1)

Waverly O'Neal (Student 2019)
Waverly O'Neal

On my planet, everything is kinda the same. We all live in these dome-like buildings and own a small piece of land on which we grow our food. It’s not a particularly dreary place, we do find way to entertain ourselves, however, we’ve pretty much accepted the fact that it’s nothing special. However, we know of a place far more exciting than ours and we are told about it through stories. It is a place can only dream of, and we call it The Utopia. In the Utopia, everything is exciting. The beings wear pieces of materials with holes cut out for their head and arms, as well as material with holes cut out for each of their legs. I believe they are called shirts and pants. Sometimes, though, they only wear elongated versions shirts and they can range in lengths as high as their upper thigh to as low as there feet and then some, to the point where there’s so much material that it drags behind them as the walk. Their living quarters come in all types of shapes and sizes, but a large percentage of them live in medium-sized houses that are quite mediocre compared the more extravagant one-why they choose to live there no one knows, I guess you’d have to go there to find. Now all these things are pretty interesting, but my favorite part, is the most exciting part of all. It is place they call downtown, one would go as far as to describe it as the heart of their town, all the hustle and bustle happens there. They have several structures made entirely out of stone and glass that are so tall they seem to touch the sky.