English/History Changing History BM

English and History decides once again to collide benchmarks to make the season easier for us. Our assignment was to identify a point in American History in which we are interested in and change it which would include a point of divergence and 3 new events that proceeds it. I actually enjoyed working on this project. Although it required much research and thinking, the process of it, after knowing the actual history, wasn't as bad. While researching, one of the most interesting events or facts that I've found was William Wilberforce who wanted to abolish slavery because the section in the Declaration of Independence that mentioned slavery was not accepted by southerners who've attended the congress meeting. I believe I made it harder on myself choosing an event in history that the Declaration of Independence was not accepted. When I thought about it, it was simple-minded ideas but you had to make sure your new events would actually fit with history. That being said, for future references, I would not choose the Declaration of Independence to not be written which had a big impact on history and 2011 today. 

https://docs.google.com/a/scienceleadership.org/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B1Sp_1P7HIJJNTQ0ODU2M2YtOGMzMy00ZjdlLWE0MmYtMmYxYTA1NmIxNzFl&hl=en_US