English Essay

Karim mullen

Ms Pahomov

English 2

25, march 2019

The book Lord Of The Flies tells a story about how a plane crashed and the only survivors were young boys. The young boys came together and voted for a leader, ,Ralph. Initially, Ralph played his part as the leader, by calling meetings, giving positions, and even keeping everyone in order. However he let the leadership position inflate his ego job get to his head which results in poor decisions. Eventually this led to his peers overrule him and create chaos. When someone is given power they feel as though their power overrides the perspective of anyone that may be affected by their actions`.Savagery is reflected upon the rights or the wrongdoings of a meaningful altercation.

President Donald Trump of the United States signed a law ensuring the shutdown for the pay of all government workers. This is because Trump felt as though if he cuts government employees pay, he could focus more on building a wall so that Immigrants from Mexico cannot enter the country. In the CNN Politics article it talks about how the citizens of the US who works for the government are working for free, they don't have any way of paying bills or keeping there houses, cars, or kids together. They also are being forced to work because if they don't go to work they still will get fired. By doing so they will not only be unemployed but, for the days they worked, they will not  get the checks back when the shutdown is over. So many people would call out sick that they would make people come in anyway because they didn't have enough people to work. No One agrees with this shutdown, not even his own staff. He fired some of his employees because they spoke their opinion on some of the poor/self-centered decisions he made. For this example you can tell that Donald Trump obviously makes poor decisions.

In this scene, Ralph wasn't exactly being the best leader he could be. “Ralph didn't know what to do and he was captain, No one did” (15). In certain situation, Ralph didn't know what to do, and some of the reasons could be because of his age. This is important because towards the end when of the story when they needed a leader the most Ralph didn't have anything to offer. So Jack stepped up and got the other kids to gang up on Ralph because he persuaded the other boys that he would be the better leader. The kids didn't know that Jack would turn out to be the worst leader they could have. The only chance the boys have really of getting rescued was from a signal fire. “ We’ve got to have special people for looking after the fire”(42), those special people were Sam,Eric, and the Choir.“ There was a ship. Out there. You said you'll keep the fire going and you let it out”(70). Jack never wanted to leave the island, therefore he extinguished the fire so that the boat wouldn't see the smoke in the air. Throughout the book Jack made decisions that wasn't his place of making begins though Ralph was the actual leader. Jack was too comfortable because Ralph couldn't never take charge over jack so basically he did as he felt. “I was chief, and you were going to do what i said”(132). Ralph started to get furious at him, but Jack still did as he pleased “ All right. Light the fire”(120) said with sarcasm.

Donald trump is taking kids away from their families and locking them in cages due to the fact of them being illegal immigrants. In his eyes he feels as though immigrants are dirty and stealing people's jobs even though they are trying to make a living for a better. As stated in the USA Today newsletter it talks about how Trump compares immigrants to dirty filthy animals. This is important because he's splitting families up because they are living here illegally, some people have tried to become citizen. It can take years for you to become a citizen, not because they were not living in the US long enough but just because of the simple fact that their request could still be pending therefore not able to get there Green card. There are millions of people out there that still are waiting to be declared citizen and get their green card but because they are technically not citizens Trump is splitting there families up.

This is compared to the boys in the story due to them being separated in groups, and the older boys had more power than the younger boy. Which is reflected upon the actions of Trump being the division of the immigrants and the documented people. While the boys leaders felt that one was higher than the other due to the opportunities that they could pursue.”Seems to me we ought to have chief to decide things”(22). Throughout the story the leader role was played from both Ralph and Jack, the two would have problem with each other throughout the book because they both thought they were the best leader for the boys. “ Ralph is like piggy. He says things like piggy. He isn't a proper leader”(144). Not only did they not really like eachother but they would talk about each other to the other kids and each other. Ralph would talk about how he is the leader to the others, and Jack would try and persuade the others to pick him as the new leader.

In conclusion , In the story Lord of The flies and the president of the US have a few things in common. when giving power the people forget about other perspectives therefore hurting others around them. Savergy played a big part, and i would say this due to the fact that in the book the leaders Ralph and jack both were savages. The perspective of the boys were that they wanted to be in charge. This is compared to Donald Trump because his perspective is also savagery, he does whatever he thinks is best for US and not what is best for the US. He doesn't care with anyone thinks, he actually fired one of his employees because they didn't agree with him.