English Process Paper: Teen Pregnancy

My group's campaign topic was teen pregnancy. I think we worked pretty well together in all. Isabela and I did a majority of the work. I was in charge of getting information for the social networks as well as creating the pictures for the pages. I also wrote two of the components for the proposal paper. Initially I was in charge of the info for the social networks, pictures and the facebook page I also came up with the catchphrase for the groups campaign “Worth the Weight?”.  Later on into the project as I was ready to create the Facebook Page, Dalena decided that she would make the Facebook Page. This was a little bit of a problem because I had already fund and made all of the contents for the page. I let her make the Facebook page, but Isabela and I were also the ones who promoted the video and the Facebook Page. I also added extra information onto the facebook page because I thought we needed more. As I was doing all of this Isabela was busy putting together the PSA, this consisted of filming, recording and also finding extra information that nobody would really know.

The catchphrase “Worth the weight?” was used in many of the photos that I made for the social networking sites. This catchphrase makes people think. It is saying “Is having sex worth the weight of a child (physically, mentally and emotionally)” as well as “It is worth the wait to have sex.” Also in the PSA that Isabela made she tried to incorporate little bit of everything. Early on the group decided that it was important to make sure to address adults and make them aware of what they can do, as well as teens and how to protect themselves. Isabela included the surprising facts about teen pregnancy, and then went on to talk about the ways it can be prevented. The group also decided that the PSA should not be too serious, that is should be informational, eye catching and funny at the same time. I think that Isabela did a great job of incorporating all of these aspects.

Dalena and Sterling were in charge of our social media, and promoting them. Personally I think that the two could have done a little more to help provide information and statistics because they had this topic before. These were two simple jobs because Isabela and I had already found tons of things that could have been put on the sites. It was the job of these two to promote the Facebook, Twitter and as a bonus the PSA. Isabela and I ended up doing this instead of Dalena for the Facebook. Sterling, on the other hand, promoted the Twitter as much as he could because I myself do not have a twitter. So I was not able to help him. Besides this problem in the process of our campaign I think that we worked hard and well together. In the end I am actually very proud of our campaign. I think that we did a good job of informing people about teen pregnancy and how it can change not only the teens life, but the life of the people around them.