Eric Green's Capstone

For the past few months, I’ve been using the SLA Engineering Shop to create and distribute necessities valuable for animal refugees in Philadelphia. The city reigns to give more opportunities for pet owners, but I wanted to use this project to motivate others about animals as a symbol of love and hope. Last year, I lost my dog, unfortunately, and it’s been eating away at me to realize in our last moments together, I couldn’t provide her greater happiness. Pets deserve whatever in their heart is loving, and for that, I wanted to remark on my work using the SLA Engineering Shop to finalize my gifts that invite emotional input. Throughout this project, I began donating necessities like Dog Food, Cat Food, Wipes, and Bedding to Animal Refugee Shelters in Center City and South Philadelphia. While going along with those requests — I began creating my shop designs like 3D Dog Collars, Canister Holders, and a Cat Toy Box! For testing my models, my friends helped me experiment with my items with their pets.

As I finished my last contributions, I am proud of how much I shipped off by hand to the shelters. Not only was I able to help provide for city animals, but I got to meet new people who volunteered at these refuges. I wouldn’t have been able to get far without their acceptance of my donations. I’m glad they were the first to see it, as I am for lifting their spirits by helping these animals!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Evc-AeIgvVABXOM5RGF-yXQDY1g-Yji?usp=drive_link