Everything It Seems to be, Isn't Always What It Is

OMG yo, it’s not that serious mom.

I bought it for you, you can’t accept a gift like damn! I was tryin’ to do something nice for you!

Ard I hear you.

What’s this?

Oh, a letter from dad. “Dear Keshone, I want to apologize again for the decisions I made that caused this to happen. I’m glad that you’re writing back constantly though, thanks. So how’s school? I know you are your sister are keeping those grades up! Listen son, I know we had this conversation last time you came, but I wanted to let you know again how bad I feel. I know you’re in high school and have a lot going on and becoming a man you feel obligated to provide. You’re my son. Look, all I’m saying is listen to your mom, do what she asks. Try bonding with Jada or something. Don’t make stupid decisions like I did; I’m telling you, everything it seems to be, isn’t always what it really is. I would’ve stopped dealing a long time ago if I knew this would be the consequence. Just think about what you doing. I love you kid. You make me even more proud everyday. Tell everybody I love them. Dad.”

God. Umm, I’m not really sure how to do this so is it okay if I just talk?

I know when I used to go to church they’d say “Dear Heavenly Father…” or something. And by the way, they need to keep that church two blocks down open at all times. I tried to go but it was locked last night.

(sigh)

I don’t know what to do. I tried this lil trapping business so I can help, ya know? I just wanted to stop hearing my moms cry, Jada’s complaining about this and that and now she done had her own baby knowing our situation! Moms is out of work taking care of the baby too. It’s not my fault I was hindered with the responsibility to pick up where he left off. I never imagined moms worrying bout where she’s going to get our next plate from, how she gonna pay this bill, and I got all those senior dues coming up. Man, when pops was here he treated her like a queen and I want to do the same but she seems to have a problem with my recent gift. You know how many drops I had to make to get her that. I ain’t even gone tell you how much I paid for this Louis Vuitton bag. Well, you could guess. But seriously, I’m not selling drugs for just the designer stuff, that was just some little extra money left over, but I want my mom to know that I’m doing this for her. Busting my ass, I’m sorry. I mean, busting my behind to help her out, she don’t even know I have it all worked out so she doesn’t have to worry bout nothin no more. God, please,  just please give me some type of sign that we’ll be ard and I’ll stop.

YES MOM! Yo…(breathes heavily)

Why she trippin’ ? She wasn’t even suppose to be in my damn room anyway! Don’t go diggin for something and when you find something get all mad!

No, lemme stop. I’d be suspicious too if I found a Louis Vuitton bag full of money and drugs. I got her though…I’ll stop, soon as I get my sign.

(slams bedroom door behind him)

Mom, please, not right now. I’ll be right back

(slam front door)