Extra Credit: Favorite Benchmark of the Year

This year in statistics we have learned a nice amount of concepts that could probably help us out later on in life. We took notes, quizzes, and even had to present quarterly projects known as benchmarks to help reflect what knowledge we gained while learning these concepts. Some of the benchmarks we had to do were time consuming, tedious, and just made you frustrated, but in the end we better understood the purpose and meaning of what we were learning. 
The benchmark I most enjoyed doing and completing was the 4th quarter benchmark. For this benchmark we had to create a study guide of all of the concepts we learned and if we wanted to some of the math that we would be taking up while in college. We had to make the study as if we were letting like ourselves use it to help understand what we learned or what we were going to learn while studying in college. 
For this benchmark like every other benchmark or project at SLA we had to apply the five cores values with our project which are: Inquiry, Collaboration, Presentation, Reflection, and Research. Most people would think that is a lot to put into a project, but when you do the type of work we do and you do it well it comes pretty easy. 
This is how I applied each of the core values to my project,
Inquiry- I asked myself what helps me learn and understand the concepts given to me in class? How many visualizations should I put in? How much detail should I add for each concept. So basically I asked myself what is it that I would like to see in a study guide that would help me with learning something I didn't understand.

Research- We had to find out what kinds of math classes we had to take during our first year in college. If we never heard or took that type of math before we had to research exactly what is was, and what we could learn from it.

Collaboration- This might not seem much as collaboration but I think it was in a way. For me I asked some people did they understand what I was trying to say especially if I wasn't sure myself. Ask people to kind of peer edit my work for any mistakes.

Presentation-  I put it all together on a keynote, which is like a power point but better when it comes to design. And for the background I made it look like a notebook to give it a school, learning type feel. I tried to make it something like a workbook a child would get while they were in the 4th grade. Something simple.

Reflection- We had to talk with my teacher Ms. Thompson about the work we did. I told her what I did and did not do well. How much effort I put into doing this project. What I liked most and didn't like most about it. So we basically graded ourselves on the project, which was cool.
It was a fun project to do, and I enjoyed doing although I thought nine topics was a bit much but I still got it done.