Extra Credit Assignment

I would have to say the first benchmark was my favorite benchmark. Our main task was to calculate the consumer price index for various stores. I worked in a group with Dyamond Logan, Camille Granby, and James Smith, which by the way was the best group of people I worked with for a math assignment. We all went to different markets and jot down the regular price and sale price of 25 items and calculate the 5-Number Summary and IQR. Once we completed that, we looked at the distribution of our store, observed the significance between regular and sale price, and compared our mean prices to other stores. 
I have gained valuable statistical data throughout this project because I learned how to calculate the 5-number summary, interquartile range, mean and standard deviation. Along with that I learned how to graph data on box plots and histograms. I honestly enjoyed doing every step of this project because I really understood what I had to complete and I was excited that I could do all the math and equations all by myself.  It was a big accomplishment.

Inquiry: I inquired what grocery store would have the lowest and the highest prices on our items.

Research: I researched information on what consumer price index is and how it’s useful and effective for the costumer.

Collaboration: I collaborated with Dyamond, Camille, James, and a few of the employees at Pathmart.

Presentation: My group and I presented our work and on keynote and the presentation went well.

Reflection: I worked very hard on this benchmark and I feel as though it was the most in compelling subject that we worked on.