Eye of the Storm (5/19)

​Well me and 3 other friends drove down in 2 cars to leave one of the cars over at the house we will be staying at after prom down at Wild Wood. It was a nice little trip that we got to take, and had a bunch of fun. We get there and everything seems just fine, we decide that were going to have a great time after prom, conditions permitting. Now were on our way back, and it starts to get really dark on the road ahead of us. We see lightning strikes come from the sky in a matter of milliseconds. It was very majestic at the time being but as soon as we drove a bit closer, things started to get extremely foggy, the rain was pouring down tremendously and soon hail the size of paint balls was falling down. We of course had to pull over as we could literally not see any other car that was more then 20m ahead of us. The hail sounded like being on a battlefield of WW2, machine guns blazing all over the place. It was a pretty solemn and frightening few minutes. We could feel the whole car vibrate from the tremendous force of the hail projected by the winds. After maybe 10 minutes which was probably the longest, strongest storm I have EVER been in, the sky began to clear up and sunshine burst through the clouds, while it was still raining fairly hard. We proceeded on our way back.