"Fahrenheit 451" The Fire Squad: Artificial Love

Written by Ray Bradbury and published in 1953, “Fahrenheit 451” tells the story of Guy Montag, a fireman whose job is to collect and burn books in a society where any feelings of discomfort from existential crises to mourning loved ones have been outlawed and the priority is happiness by any means necessary.

This podcast we will be discussing some of the major themes of “Fahrenheit 451”: happiness, love, and the lack thereof - which is why we declared Clarisse our winner and poor, poor Mildred our loser.

Presented by the Fire 451 Squad: Zoe Kwas, Tayah Brunson, Isabella Torres, Hawa Diakite, and Cameryn Roach

https://youtu.be/KnPRnd7-5X4

Aidan McLaughlin (Student 2021)
Aidan McLaughlin

Listening to artificial love was entrancing. I appreciated that the podcast opened with a match lighting sound, which seemed to almost ignite the soothing music. "Is there happiness if there isn't sadness" was a most interesting Idea presented in the podcast. I learned that in Fahrinheight 451 the dead were sent to be incinerated to try and avoid morning.

Fionn Hyland (Student 2021)
Fionn Hyland

I enjoyed the fact that the host had personal converstations. I thought thye gave sufficent information on the book in the podcost. The podcast was informative and entertaining.

Sarah Cohen (Student 2021)
Sarah Cohen

I really like the editing of your podcast it was really clean and put together. The dialogue flowed really well. I learned about the whole idea of happiness vs numbness which was really interesting to me.

Michal Czapla (Student 2021)
Michal Czapla

Listening to your podcast, I learned a lot about the concept of wanting to know the "why?" in our world, and I appreciated your analysis of Montag's desire to read books. I also learned about the idea of how happiness is nothing without grief to contrast it. Overall, I liked how you began your podcast with a nice and friendly small talk to soothe the reader in. The conversation flowed nice for a zoom call, and your logo looks great.