2 fer #7 The Red Sox's

The Boston Red Sox are a professional baseball team. They are part of the Major League Baseball were the best baseball players in the world. The Boston Red Sox’s started the 2018 season with one of the best records. Why did the Red Sox have the best start in franchise history in 2018? The Red Sox’s had an easy schedule the red sox’s are having a great start because of the new manager that was hired.

The Boston Red Sox have the best record in the MLB (Major League Baseball). Their record is 17 and 3, 17 wins and three losses. The record is the best start in the franchise history. The Red Sox are a pretty old organization over 118 years old. This can be due to their offensive powerhouse. The team batting average is 0.283, which is very high for a team. The batting average is a ratio of the teams’ hits, so this means that.  There is a quote from a Red Sox player. “We're dangerous," said by Andrew Benintendi, who is a Red Sox player. Benintendi believes their offense power is dangerous and that they can do a lot of damage. The Red Sox's is the leading the league in Grand slams. The offense power is one of the reasons why the Red Sox’s had a historic start.

The Red Sox played the first nine games against teams from Florida. They were playing the same teams over and over again. The two teams the Red Sox played in their first games were weak teams. The teams are both in the last place in their respective divisions. The Tampa Rays are 5 and 13, and the Miami Marlins are 5 and 12. The teams are weaker than the Red Sox, and for the first nine games, the Red Sox players were winning easily considering how good the teams are performing.

The Red Sox’s have had strong pitching from their pitchers. The Red Sox have Chris Sale, who leads the league in strikeouts last season with 308. The Red Sox’s also have David Price, who is healthy this year. Last Year David Price Only made 12 starts due to a hurt elbow. The Red Sox also has another ace, Rick Porcello. All the pitchers have eras under 2. An era is static that used calculate earned runs.

The Red Sox hired Alex Cora at the beginning of the season, Alex Cora is replacing John Farrell. Farrell was the manager for a couple of years and won the world series in 2013, but since the win in 2013 the Red Sox’s have not won, and they have not been winning in the playoffs. After almost getting swept by the Astros, the management decided to hire Cora. The beginning of the season is still happening, and playoffs are far away but so far the Red sox’s look like contenders to win a world series. Alex Cora is the right fit for the Red Sox’s because the Red Sox’s are playing way better. The manager of the team can affect how the players play if the players like the manager they will perform better if the player hates the manger there can be bad tension, and that loses games because there will be a lot of arguing. Alex Cora has pushed all the right buttons, and so far the hiring of Alex Cora was a good choice because he is one of the reasons why the Red Sox’s are winning.     

The Red Sox’s have had a very impressive start, they are smashing records but for those who don’t know the fantastic start is due to the hiring of the new coach Alex Cora. The easy schedule that the sox’s had. The impressive offensive powerhouse. Then getting all there pitchers back and healthy. These all the reasons why the Red sox’s Have had a record start.

Work Cited:

Powtak, Ken. “Red Sox off to Best Start in 118-Year History; Beat O's 10-3.” ABC News, ABC News Network, 14 Apr. 2018, abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/red-sox-off-best-start-118-year-history-54472975.

“Red Sox 2018 Rotation among Strongest in AL.” MLB.com, www.mlb.com/redsox/news/red-sox-2018-rotation-among-strongest-in-al/c-264411514.

ESPN, ESPN Internet Ventures, www.espn.com/mlb/team/stats/pitching/_/name/bos/boston-red-sox.