Figure Drawing

​We were assigned this project to learn how to draw human figures from looking at different angles of the body. This gave me a good understanding on how the human body should be presented on paper, from head, to toe, using a variety of colors, and techniques to make the picture come alive.  In this project, I believe I mostly struggled with the shaping of the body, because I was on an angle where everything was to the side. So shaping the neck, and then having it follow through to the shoulders, and arms, I think was the most hardest part. I also had some difficulties with the angling of the body in a way in which would match the models pose, but besides that, I think I did well. My most favorite work was coming with the dynamic shape of the body, even though its not perfect or in the right position where I want it to be, overall I think the attempt of me actually coming up with a shape, I believe is an accomplishment to me.

When starting this project I first watched Emma, to give myself some sort of starting position because there was so many places where I could’ve started, that all of a sudden I became lost. So, I first started with the head, and started to make my way down, and from there I started drawing the feet, the hands, the butt, and the legs. After the shape of the body was on paper, I started making the details, which was the structure of the face, neckline, the lips, the eyes, and the curving of the bust area. Then came the colors. I chose purple because I thought it would go well with the orange and I also just think that purple is a pretty color, which is why I merged light purple and dark purple onto the picture. I also chose the color blue, because I think blue is a fun color, and it is usually incorporated in all of my pictures. Doing this project I learned that when drawing a body, lightly draw the general shape first, and then start making curves, and edges, and neat patterns that would make the picture seem more real.

This assignment made me grow more as an artist, because before this project when drawing body’s I just drew what I saw, which would make my pictures look un-neat and juvenile, but I have learned to analyze whom drawing, and from which angle I am drawing from, then to go into the shape, the curves, and the edges etc. This technique will definitely help me in the future.