Final food project!

Old Fashioned Sugar Cookies

1. 1 cup butter, unsalted

2. 1 cup white sugar

3. 2 eggs, lightly beaten

4. 1 Teaspoons baking powder

1. 1 Teaspoon salt. 

Analysis 

In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs and vanilla, in a second bowl, combine and mix well the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir flour into butter mixture 1 cup at a time. Chill dough for 3 to 4 hours. Roll out dough and cut into shapes with cookie cutters or a knife. Brush with milk and sprinkle with colored sugar. Bake on a sheet pan for a parchment lined sheet pan in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 10 to 15 minutes depending on the size of the cookie. Remove cookies to cool completely. 

PERSONAL RELFECTION

I really enjoyed this unit because I love learning about ways to be more healthy, I’ve been trying to be healthy for a long time, but I just never knew were to start. I remember when we watched the TED talk that was called “Teach every Child About Food”. It was hard to watch because it was heartbreaking to hear about all of the kids that are in public schools, and get the wrong kinds of food, also hearing about the stories about the family member’s of those kids who have died from obesity, I’ve learned that it’s a slow killer. It makes me want to make some kind of change in the way that the children of our world eats, but even if I can’t do that.. I want to at least start from changing the way that I eat first. 

Throughout this entire unit, I believe that I’ve learned a lot about the different ways that I can help the person next to me to eat right, and motivating myself to eat right, a lot of the warmups that we went though, warm-ups like the “Organic food” warmup, assignments like that really helped me open my eyes to what’s happening. I also learned that not everything that we think is organic, is really organic. I learned that I would really have to read the labels if I want to know what I’m eating, I can’t just trust the label that’s on the front of the food. It’s amazing to think that there isn’t really many food’s out there that’s truly organic. The food that you can find is really expensive. So you really can’t trust the advertisements that people give out. They should really change the way they portray organic food so that everyone can know what they’re actually eating. 

I want to change the way that I am eating, doing this unit has made me a lot more motivated to change my diet, making sure I look at the labels of what I’m eating, before I eat it.. I learned lifelong material and I appreciate it.