Final Perspective Drawing

This project, like many other I've encountered at SLA, has been both extremely challenging, as well as pretty fulfilling. During this entire process, I've learned a lot about both first point perspective, and the concept of messing up, and starting all over again. After completely rushing through the project, I ultimately faced major consequences, that being having to start all over. From this though, I found the error of my ways. Before getting some extremely helpful advice from Ms. Hull, I'd just thrown in whatever I could, in order to get the project done faster. However, this completely backfired. Anyway, after much trial and error, I finally managed to complete the project, with a product much better than the original. I guess something in particular I really learned was to keep going, even if things aren't really in your favor.

Learning this drawing helped my artistic skill more, by enriching me, and adding some variety to it. Before my art classes at SLA, I was stuck to drawing basic cartoons, and some manga characters, which isn't really impressive. I'd always wanted to learn how to draw things like full rooms, and not a sad excuse for one. While I'm still attempting to grasp the skill, I love the idea of improving well enough to have really impressive room drawings. This class has taught me something I'd never learn otherwise!

If I could do this project all over again, (which I technically did...,) i would pay a little more attention to the requirements at hand, then started the actual drawing, rather than getting what I could, not asking for help, then freaking out when given another chance. I'd also reconsider the color scheme. And definitely avoid markers, they only lead to trouble... 

To those ever interested in pursing the art of one point perspective drawings, should look into the following, before achieving those dreams. I highly, highly, highly, one hundred percent recommend both getting a good look at your subject, making sure you fully know what you want to have in your picture. Also, take your time, don't rush, have several pencils and erasers nearby, because there is no such thing as being over prepared. Lastly, when a teacher says draw from the vanishing point, you'd be better off to listen to that... 

My greatest resource had to be my peers. I'd be distraught, and in a complete frenzy, but they'd always be around to help me out, and offer some pointers here and there. However, my biggest one right now, has to be Ms. Hull. I really can't get over the fact that I was allowed to restart, even though my first outcome was awful. That right there, is called awesome art teaching. 

Below are my drawings. You can already see the immense difference between the last one. (first image,) and my first attempt, (second image.) 

IMG_20130419_201412
IMG_20130419_201412
IMG_20130419_201720
IMG_20130419_201720