Final Perspective Drawing - Blue Stream

A. During this project I learned so much! One of the most interesting things that I learned was then when drawing in one point perspective, I would only be using 3 types of lines: horizontal, vertical, and lines to my vanishing point. 

B. Learning about the three types of lines improved my drawing immediately. When I used a line that was not vertical, horizontal, or to my vanishing point, it wouldn't look realistic. I remember this because I had a random diagonal line while drawing my door. After changing that one line and drawing it to the vanishing point, my door looked so much better. 

C. If I did this assignment again I would definitely start earlier. Ten weeks is a long time to do a project so naturally in the beginning I did not use my time wisely. Then when it got down to one week left I started getting stressed out. So, if I had to do it again I would make better use of the time we were given.

D. My advice to a person who has never drawn a one point perspective would be to take your time and don't be afraid of your eraser! It can be really overwhelming to be told to draw a whole room in one point perspective. Especially to a person like me who has never felt particularly good at art. However, if you take it one step at a time it becomes much easier. You absolutely cannot be afraid of your eraser because during this project it will be your best friend. Making mistakes is apart of the process and things will get erased over and over again.

E. The resource that most helped me was the step by step presentation that was on Moodle. I would have been lost without it. The hardest part was starting, so having a guide was really helpful. By the end I got comfortable enough to figure it out on my own, but in the beginning it was a huge help!