Final Rubber Stamp

The writing process for this was very long and intricate. First, I brainstormed things that I believed described myself. These words were Outspoken, Short, Creative, Nature, Artistic, Supportive, Extroverted, Talkative, Pessimistic, and Makeup. I eventually tried to narrow these words down to three words which I thought described me the best. These words were nature, artistic, and creative. To sketch my design, I had to talk positive and negative space into account. I decided to use different symbols to represent each aspect of my personality, but make them outlines so the detailing does not get lost in the negative space. I ended picking up 5 symbols to represent my three words. I put my eyes to show me looking up at the things that I love. I put a book and a music note both to represent my creativity. I enjoy reading, writing, singing, and playing piano and I believed these two symbols represented my different forms of creativity. I put a paintbrush to show my artistic abilities and my appreciation of art as well. Finally, I put a flower to show my love of nature and being outside. I made all of them silhouettes so the positive space would be easy and cut out my stamp. I had to take out some of my detail when I realized it would be difficult to replicate when put into positive/negative space. Overall, the project was not difficult but required a lot of thought and time.

Artrubberstamp