Final Stamp Design

FullSizeRender (10)
FullSizeRender (10)

When we started this project I had to choose between three words and immediately the first three words that came to mind were impatient, overachieving and leader. Out of those three words I choose the word impatient as the word to symbolize me the most. If you were to ask someone to describe me, one of the first things they would say is that I am a impatient person and that is not necessarily a good thing, but it is what makes me. As I was starting to design the actual symbol I was searched up the word impatient and images of clocks kept showing up so I decided to use an image of a clock to symbolize me. For me the clock symbolized time passing which to me means something that has to go by fast. I sketched out the design and then passed it on to construction paper.

The positive and negative space in my design was used as a way to contrast and symbolize how I want the time to go by fast , the negative space was white, and it won’t because time is time, the positive space. It also helped to pop out the colors and form the figure of the clock. In My opinion having both positive and negative space is really important to make a image pop. Whether that negative space forms odd shapes or forms that shape the conveys a message the contrast should be there. Positive space is just as important it helps the colors contrast against the negative space. It is a tool that is very useful.