Final Stamp Design

Screenshot 2017-05-12 at 10.22.02 AM
Screenshot 2017-05-12 at 10.22.02 AM

My design was inspired by my overall personality and vibe, although it may not seem like what it was supposed to be, I was aiming for a specific figure in this work or art. This shell looking sort of cut of out was originally meant to be an image of a sunset. I interoperate sunsets as being very relaxing and calm, especially when it is a beach sunset. This would represent me because of my personality traits, mostly. I am a very easy going person and like to take things easy most of the times. Also, I like to look at sunsets and for a lack of other ideas of what to sketch, this came to mind. This project was given to me in art class as an understanding of negative and positive space. The negative and positive space were used in this image (poorly) to represent the shadows of the sun. Understanding it was not so easy, and it still is not as easy looking back onto this project. The positive spaces in an image are the spaces reserved for the prominent images in your art. The negative spaces are the spaces surrounding the image. Overall, this was a very informative unit and I would be hesitant at first, but willing to do it again.