Final Stamp Design

In this stamp, I believe it symbolizes me greatly. To start off just by looking at the picture you notice the bright yellow color. this surely represents me because of I very vibrant and bright. I stand out in any plain space.the words that were given to me and suggested that it used from a very close friend were the words perfectionist, upbeat and ambitious.
The word upbeat definitely came from the color of the stamp. The word perfectionist made me think of a clear target, and the evenness and clean fit of all the pieces that made up the whole picture. Last but not least is ambitious. This word is represented on this picture with the arrow pointing up. I found some images online and there was this repetition of an arrow. I believe that symbolized reaching for my goals. Any obstacle that's been set I've been told that I show my strongest desire to reach and succeed in it. 
  My final design was influenced by the classroom paintings and google images. When I saw the words images popped up into my head. For example, for the word perfectionist, I looked at the captain America flag and the target sign and it automatically created connections between the images and the words. For the word ambitious, I googled it and one key component that I realized in all of them was the arrows and stars. I made a slight adjustment and made sure the arrow was centered in the middle of the star in which was in the center of the target. The word upbeat was a last minute arrangement because I didn't know how to incorporate into my drawing and then I thought of colors. Once I searched the symbolism for different colors and I came across yellow in which was the best one that fit the description of upbeat. 
The importance of positive and negative space is that it centers the focus of the viewer to positive spaces. The positive spaces in my image are the most important parts that symbolize the words that described me. 
One part that I got stuck in was when I was about to cut out the positive and negative space. Then I realized that the arrow which was positive space ran into the strips that made up the target which was also positive space. I then decided to stop the strips before that encountered the strips. I created a negative out layer around the arrow and the star.