Final Stamp Design

There are many reasons why I chose the symbol that I chose. One being because it symbolizes royalty. It is a crown for a king, but also a crown for a queen. Most words that I used in my brainstorming described what a king and a queen is. Royalty, smart, nice, proper, intelligent, etc.

The assignments given throughout this unit helped me to better understand what negative and positive is. I had problems with the difference between the two, and the pictures just looked completely confusing when I was first introduced to negative and positive space.  When we actually cut out images and put them into positive and negative space, I understood it completely.

Positive and negative space to me means erasing all detail and identifying the picture when it is outlined(negative) or colored in solid(positive). When viewing positive and negative space, you are supposed to look at the subject from different perspectives. Take the vase and the two faces for example. Some people see a vase, and others see two faces. It’s all in your perspective.

Crown in positive space
Crown in positive space
Crown in negative space
Crown in negative space