Fracking: Blog Post #2

The first people I need in my lobbying project/assignment are the State officials, since fracking deals with state. My Pennsylvania House Representative is John P. Sabatina Jr., my Pennsylvania Senate is Christine M. Tartaglione, and Governor Corbett.

John P. Sabatina Jr. is a resident of Rhawnhurst in Northeast Philadelphia. He was elected in 2005 to the 174th District of The House of Representatives and re-elected 2 more times; in 2006 and 2010. His legislative priorities are crime prevention, fighting problems in communities and promoting urban renewal through economic, cultural and neighborhood development. Though he may not have been 100% involved in fracking problems and such, he has voted yes to many acts such as "Establishing a Natural Gas Severance Act" (SB-1155), "Clean Fuels and Energy Independence Act (HB-1202), "Other Energy Incentives" (HB-1200) and many other acts dealing with energy and the positives of using it and such. Running by my lobbying topic and fracking, I'm sure he would help me in what I am trying to accomplish. I actually feel like he would really get along with me and really have many good ideas in my lobbying process.

My Pennsylvania Senate, Christine Tartaglione, is also a Philadelphia resident. In 1994, Senator Tartaglione became the fifth woman in state history to win election to the State Senate. Tartaglione has supported legislation for quality childcare, affordable healthcare, quality education, mental health/retardation programs, law enforment and emergency personnel, protecting workers jobs, and much more. She works in Senate District 2. As for fracking in the marcellus shale, Tartaglione was angry and called out the taxing of fracking companies, and how they were using the Delaware and Pennsylvania loophole to avoid paying taxes on certain operations. She called out to get rid of the loophole and even stated that this is a true violation. She seems like she would be a great person to talk to about lobbying against fracking in Pennsylvania. I feel like we would get along because she seems like she will fight for what she thinks is right and I am sort of the same way.