Frankie: 80's For Life!

My theme for this slide was the 80’s because I love and identify with that decade. I chose the border for my slide because it was very colorful, bright, and full of neon; just like many things out of the 80’s. To go with it, I also colored my text paler because I know those colors also appear in the 80’s a lot, and I love colors of the rainbow. I chose that kind of font for my slide because this is my favorite type of font I’ve seen out of the 80’s. I chose to write ‘80’s For Life’ because it is a short message that I think of as an anthem for myself. I spent time to cut out that picture of the Breakfast Club and made it purple on a black background because the purple matches some of the text color and you always see big, colorful words on black backgrounds in the 80’s. The Breakfast Club is my favorite 80’s movie, so when I thought of adding them to my slide it was perfect because that picture is also really cool.

I decided to make the border, background picture, and text all match with rainbow colors because it allowed me to have many exciting elements but keep a common theme. I made one key point on my slide with my text because less is always more when it comes to text (according to Ted.com). I added the background picture to emphasise the 80’s theme, but had one key picture so that there was still lots of empty space in my slide. Finally, I made the background black and purple to contrast all the bright, rainbow colors and make them pop. All of these visual decisions help convey one theme when people see it: the 80’s, which is what I was aiming for. I did not overload my slide with tedious details, but made the most important aspects pop out so that you really get the message and soak it all in.

Frankie- 80's For Life!