FRANKLIN MANCEBO

Franklin MancebO

So when im walking with my friends i speak different then if i was at home and also at an interview/meeting. I think that if we speak the same way to our parents to your friends we would not be accepted in our modern society, as if we were to do the same thing in our opposite order it would either get us in trouble or would not be understandable. For example, when i am at home i speak predominately spanish because in my family our culture/herritage is spanish. Now the conflict arises when i go to school and hove to speak english to my friends because if i speak to them in spanish they well respond to me with a “Huh?” or “What did you say?” And that forces me to have to explain it to them or change my orriginal answer. Its like having one identity forwhen you are around family or when you are with “grown ups” from your “Bario” or “Comunidad” and then like a secret under cover one for when your friends and you say things like “dog.”
Unknowingly our minds are set and/or wired to speak a certain way to people in a private firm or at an importand job interveiw becaus again we are afraid that we well not be accepted if we speak “Callejero” meaning, “ghetto” or “hoodlem”, due to the fact that it is not a representable image to the modern world or to other important people in the city and/or world. “Coño” is what i would like to say when i get something wrong or when i want to say “damn” but since my spanish heritage/culture is so heavy on my tounge and and the way i speak comes out to a spiced up and edgy “ coño.”
I wish that the “discriminacion” or discrimination towards people would stop, i mean think about it for a quick second... if people from the “bario” werent afraid to be turned down at a job interveiw in a good job, the “bario” would be an actual place recognized for something good instead of “Ledónes, queros, estedores”- translation, a bad and fucked up place.

HOPE YU ENJOY https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/New%20Project%20-%20Medium.m4v?w=60b0227c