Gabby Nigro Launguage Autobiography

"Hey guys this is Gabby!" She left me when her parents split. She used to live right next door to me. "Well, where do you live now?" It took all my might to actually live up to the fact that where I lived now I have to call home. "The Northeast, its nothing like home." "Like home?" "Yes like home. I lived on 10th and Maceen half my life that was my home, South Philly where I was born and wished I was still raised." Looking away and disgusted at the fact I had to say South Philly is not my home anymore took everything I had. "Enough guys!" My best friend seen that I was getting annoyed at the fact I had to say the northeast was my new home. "Lets just walk to Rita’s already."
It was different. Not just because it wasn’t home; the people, the language, the looks, and the neighborhoods. Nothing would ever be like home. When people asked I was never able to compare the Northeast to South Philly. When I did I just felt like I was wasting my time, because they are two different things.
I was only 10 when we moved. I had already adapted to South Philly, and I wished that it would stay that way. I had so many friends and family living right around me. Everyday I would have someone over and would not have to worry about him or her looking at me like I was different. Everyone one in South Philly was just like me. We wore similar clothes, talked the same, and knew all of our neighborhoods we’re all alike.
To tell you the truth if it was my decision I would not to move to the Northeast but I had to. Moving day came, I watched the movers move every piece of furniture in to the U-Haul truck. I felt like crying! We finished packing everything up. The movers got in the truck and we got in the car. We crossed US 95 and headed up towards the Northeast. The feelings going through me sucked.
I heard the younger girl whisper to her mom, "look mommy the new neighbors!" I just stared at her and smiled, but the thoughts were running through my head. My sister then tapped me on the shoulder, "maybe this wont be as bad as we thought." I just shook my head and acted like I acknowledged her. All I know is that this was going to take everything of me to get used to. The neighbors finally approached us, "welcome guys, I’m Joyce and this is my daughter Cary." Everyone acknowledged them except for me. Cary then asked me what my name was. "Gabby, pardon my rudeness." She accepted it and told me she understands. Honestly she didn't! Cary was only two years apart from me; we grew to understand each other well.
We arrived. The houses were different. The neighbor’s voices were very distinctive and different from the ones I would hear everyday. It’s not the same. The neighborhood is blank. Nothing really was going on like in South Philly you can walk and there would be kids everywhere. Up in the Northeast its nothing but adults. I thought how would I survive?
We settled in. I talked to the neighbors more and I met one more girl. Her name was Meghan. I think Cary and Meghan were the only girls that I fit in with. Every other person I met the first weekend I moved in was either not like me or I could not get along with. Basically everyone I met I would have to get to know. They were different the way they talked, dressed, and held up the neighborhood.
The weekend passed, it was our first trip to our school that morning. I still went to school in South Philly. My mom always said no matter how many schools there were up our way to choose from she was not pulling us out. As soon as I got to school Gi, my best friend came running up to me. "How’s the new house when can I come visit?" "Well its okay, I got a neighbor who is close to my age." The way I responded she knew, it was nothing like home. "I'm going to miss seeing you everyday, and playing barbies in your basement with you and Bianca!" "Please! Just stop!" She walked away from me as tears came to my eyes. I honestly never knew moving from a place I was so adapted to would be so hard. Gi then comes back to show me comfort,” I’m sorry, I really did not understand how hard this change is for you." "I just, don't fit in! Its different."
    This is the only memory I have of South Philly. I only got to see it when I went to school, or maybe just maybe sometime I would be lucky and get to stay at Gi’s house for the night. I guess I will still to this day never be able to compare the Northeast to South Philly, because they are total opposites in all ways. Not just different neighborhoods but the language, clothes, and the ways people act as well.  I guess I will never know how it is to grow up somewhere I used to once call home.