Getting My Mojo Back

For the past couple I weeks I just haven't been feeling my art. I have felt like I couldn't draw anymore and I was completely uninspired. I think it was because I started feeling depressed and unhappy with the things that were going on in my life. You would think that because the saying goes, a tortured artist makes the best work, that I would be finishing beautiful pieces left and right.

The past couple weeks I lost myself, myself as Desireé and my self as an artist. I need to get back to the person I was and the artist I had become. With this project I started from scratch. I set up still life objects as my models and started with charcoal between my fingers. Then just drew. It took more than four class periods with a couple of struggles. My struggles came down to a battle between my worst enemy, the human mouth, on the skull I was drawing. It was challenging but the most important part is remembering to be patient and not get frustrated. Everything doesn't have to be perfect that's the beauty in art.

During those class periods I only thought about what I was drawing not everything that was keeping me depressed. I drew until I felt finished. When I was done I stood back to take it all in. I wasn't completely in love with the finished product but I was happy with it and a little tiny bit proud that I finished the piece. 

P.S. Sorry about the Quality of the picture I had to use my phone my computer hasn't been functioning at its best for awhile now.  
Photo on 2011-06-06 at 17.38
Photo on 2011-06-06 at 17.38
Photo on 2011-06-06 at 18.06
Photo on 2011-06-06 at 18.06