Glass and Figure Drawing _ Hunt

The first assignment that Ms. Hull assigned us was a figuring drawing. A person from our class named Jamie modeled for us while we drew her. Throughout this drawing process shading and proportions was a large aspect of getting this assignment done correctly. Drawing what we see was something that was also important as well as making sure we disregarded what we thought we saw. I used many colors throughout my drawing because I am a strong believer in abstract art and I wanted to add that into this drawing because it seemed very necessary on my part. Although, this was slightly abstract I made sure to add the colors Jamie was wearing as well as the colors. 

This was the first figure drawing that I have done personally for the first time in my entire life. There were many things I could have improved on for example making better shoes and making sure that the legs were straight and didn't look like jello. Therefore, being that I was able to grasp many details, I can call it a success even though Jamie didn't look like "Jamie" within my drawing. When people see my artwork I would like them to think "wow, that has a great amount of detail , I wonder who drew it?".  

For our second assignment Ms. Hull told us to draw glass object figures. Going about this seemed like it would be difficult, but with different techniques drawing became one step simpler. The materials we used were an eraser and charcoal for this and of course paper.Two techniques that were done throughout this drawing process were the shading and erasing techniques. I shaded in different areas throughout this image to depict the portions were there were shadows and where the light hits the object. My shadow of my image on the table was lighter because that is the way it looked when I drew it. From this drawing one thing that Ms. Hull taught us to do as a class was to draw what you see, which is what I did. 

As seen from my second photo below, this glass object figure was on a table/surface and had water inside of it.

IMAG0055
IMAG0055
IMAG0049
IMAG0049