Globalization in Philadelphia

The most challenging part about this project was how open it was. What my final product would become was totally up to what pictures I took. Basically no matter how many examples I tried to look up my project would take on the form of whatever work I did personally. That made it very hard for me to move forward quickly. 

I collected the images by first looking through my iPhoto for ideas on how simple an image could be for me to find the globalization in it. This ended up being a good idea because it actually told me most of the pictures I wanted to collect for the project. 

My favorite images are the last two, the picture of the Indian spice and the one of the blackberry. Those are the only pictures I took for reasons other than this project. They're my favorites because they were the first and best that I took. I think the paragraphs I wrote for them are also some of the best which is another plus. 

I do think there is less (positive) globalization in Philadelphia. I think because our city focuses less on the international cultural parts of our identity 365 days of the day, we lack in the knowledge and benefit of its influence. There are many places, such as 30th street station and penns landing that provide us with a lot of international culture but I feel that most of the culture lies in places like those that many people never go into.

This project taught me what globalization really was. I think it's funny that this time around I had more than enough experience with it but it was the knowledge I had trouble tapping into when usually in a project I have enough knowledge but need help applying it. The question of "What is globalization" came up a lot in this project and through completing it I finally figured out a little of what it is.