Graffiti Is Unknown?

Graffiti is widely known, but where? Where do you see any types of graffiti? Does this hurt you in any way? Where do you specifically see it in the suburbs or urban areas? These questions were answered in my last blog post and if you have not read it, then get caught up now and get the scoops on what’s happening everyday in the heart of Philadelphia and other areas. In my first blog post I had discussed the realities of living in a community where graffiti is considered vandalism. In some ways it is considered vandalism, but the looks of it being vandalism is only on private property, when someone writes on someone else’s belongings. Read on to find out more about Graffiti and the gateways of it being “vandalism”.

"No person shall carry an aerosol spray paint can...with intent to violate the current (graffiti) laws in place". This quote is from the current graffiti laws in New York which somewhat implies in the city of Philadelphia also. The article also talks about the police having to assume anyone carrying a spray paint bottle is convicted of committing a crime, which is violating private and public walls.

For our “You and the World” project, we were to decide which of the following to choose from. My choice was a survey. 50 out of 50 people took my survey and answered from their point of view and opinion. They all had a say and they all said mainly the same things.

If you had read my first blog post that I had written it focused on some of the problems of graffiti. My idea for my agent of change was to host a graffiti run and some of my ideas for the graffiti run was just the vibe that graffiti gave off. I had also made a survey for people to fill out.

About 50 people took my survey (I took a picture of this graph before I had 50 responses).  Screenshot 2017-05-19 at 7.09.20 PM.png